The List

I don't recall that I have ever written about "The List". Our friends in southern Indiana are familar with the list as they often hear Greg and I refer to it. "The List" is our current renovation to do list. I had mentioned to Greg this week that I was starting to feel like painting again. He knew our extended renovation vacation was nearing an end. While eating breakfast on the couch this morning, we started our spring 2010 "List". There are over 20 items on it, but this is a detailed list (so we have the opportunity to cross more things off - it just makes us feel good). Most of the actions are found in our kitchen. We don't have plans to make a complete renovation (I really want new countertops and backsplash but they will have to wait). Earlier this year I blogged that my mom and aunt came for a weekend visit and removed the kitchen wallpaper, except for a couple far-reaching corners. A couple months ago I bought the new paint - Bamboo Shoot. Like I said, I'm starting to feel like painting. Before I can start, Greg needs to do some plaster repair and rewire the kitchen outlets. When creating our new "list" we keep in mind that some unexpected items may make their way on to the list. For example, our refrigerator and stove are now 30 years old so we know they won't last much longer. We've been dreaming of a new fridge for a while so we look at them in the hardware stores from time to time. The style that we want will not fit in our current fridge space. Actually, we only found 1 fridge that would POSSIBLY fit...it would be very tight. So, today we made the decision that we would move the upper cabinets higher on the wall so we can get a new fridge, someday. This will also help, for that day when we do get new countertops because two sets of our cabinets actually sit on the counter. We would have to move the cabinets in order to remove and install new counters. This cabinet change will help with the renovations AND provide extra counterspace. We have plenty of cabinets but we definitely lack in counterspace.
These are the two sets of cabinets that we plan to raise higher
on the wall to help with future renovations
This afternoon we started to tackle our "List". We removed the wallpaper in those far reaching corners and behind the refridgerator. Now, I'll be waiting for Greg's plastering and electrical skills before I can start painting. In the mean time, I have a new art project that I started a month or so ago, which I affectionately refer to as "Orb". I also have fabric to start sewing new living room curtains. Like I said, our "List" full and we are slowly digging in.

Comments

Popular Posts