Unplanned Update

Another weekend, which means more work on the house. Saturday I started priming the kitchen for painting. I had told Greg that I'd paint the kitchen as his Valentine's gift so he went grocery shopping. I didn't miss going to Walmart on Saturday. In order for Greg to move forward on his other projects (large poster frames and and coffee table) he needed some items from the home store. After I finished priming, we drove to Evansville. There are closer home stores, but we wanted to eat at a Greek restaurant so we drove the extra distance to Evansville. We only found 2 of the 3 items Greg needed for his project. Instead, we found new sconces for our living room. Our existing sconces were dungeonesque. It seems the former homeowners had a thing for chains. As you can see, our new sconces are a bit more sleek and modern.


Old Living Room Sconces
New Living Room Sconces

Sunday I painted a coat on the ceiling and put on a coat on the woodwork. Greg spent a lot of his day cooking. He's a much better cook than me, plus he enjoys it. He made black bean hummus, pasta fagoli soup and he's making chicken calzones for dinner. I'll paint anytime as long as he keeps cooking.

Comments

Popular Posts