Open House

We had sunny weather and great friends for our Open House this weekend.  Thanks to everyone who came.  I appreciated everyone who took time from their Saturday to visit, but it was particularly special that Betty and Leo Schlotter came by.  We purchased the house from them.  They brought photos of the house (for us to keep, I may add), showing us how the house looked when they moved in.  I loved seeing how the house has transformed from family to family.  Each homeowner has their own taste and style, but we each leave our mark on the house.

We discussed our removal of the radiators and how Betty disliked the one hanging on the wall by the garage door.  We learned there is a laundry shoot hidden in the upstairs hall bath that travels to the basement.  We talked about the one-armed architect/brick layer who built this house, as well as the house next door.  I'm a history nerd and loved every minute of it.

Greg and I with Betty and Leo Schlotter

Comments

Popular Posts