It's 99% done...

Believe it or not, our basement is finally functional. Baseboards are up in the basement and the new bathroom. Carpet is vacuumed. Tools are no longer stored on the couch cushions. The ping pong table is no longer the work bench. The washer and dryer have been wheeled to the basement and are hooked up and working - (Greg and Chad moved them down there...I made them pancakes for breakfast to show my thanks). We celebrated the almost completion of the renovated basement by hosting a ping pong tourney Saturday night. We enjoyed Greg's chili and then retreated to the basement for the February Frenzy (ok, I'll admit I just came up with that one. It's the closest thing I could think of in comparison to March Madness. Maybe it will become an annual tradition. We don't have parties in the summer due to the lack of air conditioning so it makes sense for us to host parties in the winter. All of the body heat makes our chilly house feel cozy and warm). Here are some pics to see the before and after. I'm happy to see it looks like a completely different room. Makes all of the time and effort worth it.

Comments

  1. Great job! I can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! It's amazing the transformation from your before pics.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts