Same walls, different looks

It's that time of year when Greg, my brother Jon and Greg's buddies head off for northern Wisconsin for their annual fishing trip. With the house to myself, I recruited my Mom and Aunt Marilyn down to visit to help with the next house renovation. They truly are the best because I don't know of too many people who are willing to spend their 3-day weekend working on someone else's house.
Since Greg had fixed the hole in the dining room ceiling last weekend, this weekend we could change the color in the dining room. After collecting 20+ colors of orange paint samples, I had given up on Greg's wish of an orange dining room. All the oranges I could find were either too bright or dark. I found a greyed brown that we agreed upon (I think Greg just gave in). One day while waiting for Greg in Home Depot I wandered the paint section and came across the Ralph Lauren section and found Suede paint and a lovely orange color called Ranchito Red. Apparently what ranchers think is red, I think is orange. Either way, Ranchito Red Suede is now what covers our dining room walls. Kudos to Greg for constantly reminding me that he wanted an orange dining room. It looks really great. It's amazing that paint can look like suede. When Greg returns home, he can install the crown molding. It's time for me to make some curtains.

Dining room before we painted it orange.
Dining room before we painted it orange.
Dining room after it is primed.

Dining room is Ranchito Red Suede.



In addition to the dining room, we began to strip wallpaper. Normally I stick to our 'one room at a time rule' but it's hard to turn down the offer of those willing to strip the wallpaper that covers our plaster walls, ceiling and even the back of a door. The wallpaper in the hallway that leads to the back door came down quite easily. The kitchen required the use of a steamer but still wasn't too bad. Now, to select a color for the kitchen walls. Can't wait...

Sammy, our renovation mascot.



Be sure to check out additional renovation photos on our photo website.

Comments

Popular Posts