Kitchen updates have begun

A week ago Monday Greg had the day off, from his office that is. He did not take the day off in our house. I returned home from work to find a fine layer of white dust, followed by a layer of red dust, throughout the house. I thought he may tackle some electrical wiring or plaster repair. Greg did both. I think the plaster repair went rather quickly so then he jumped into wiring. That's when the slowdown began. Our house has outer walls composed of two layers of brick. Two of the outlets he was replacing (because they are still knob and tube) are on outer walls - hence the red layer of dust. Nothing quite like sawing through brick. He wasn't able to finish those outlets that Monday but throughout the week he did little tasks and by Saturday we had three new outlets in the kitchen. There are still more outlets and switches to replace but he's made a good start. Next we need to move two cabinets. That job is going to require some friends for their muscles and we haven't decided when we want to move them.


This fabric will soon be our new living room curtains. Saturday I sewed 5 of the six panels. I ran out of thread so hopefully I can finish this coming weekend, provided the grommets that I ordered arrive. I also ordered new curtain rods that we'll need to install. Little by little, our home is getting updated.



Comments

Popular Posts